Yes I finally registered for forums

Description of your first forum.
Thoriator

Yes I finally registered for forums

Post by Thoriator »

We have some big changes coming up. I am writing this in forum so you know your comments and opinions are welcome on these topics. There are two main changes happening: First, we are taking some inactive out of the clan. If a toon is taken out of clan that is your main or one that you feel should be in clan please post here or send an in game mail to one of the officers to get it reinvited. Keep in mind we are making room for new recruits so lets keep the alts in clan down to a minimum. We have a solid core of good people who stay in WO because they like the people in clan. While we recruit lets have that mind set and bring people in who share the same interests as we do. I like to pvp just as much as the next guy but I don't like losing clan rep or exp due to unnecessary wars. This mind set is what gets us awesome clan skills and keeps our dailies and raids uninterrupted by pvp.
Second, our ally TheBlackDawn has a core who is all family, meaning they are 3 generations of people from the same family who live apart and use gaming as a way to keep in touch. At the moment they play another game and there are no plans for them to come back to L2 anytime soon so as a result they have become an inactive clan. We have Ancient wisdom who's members are mostly around our same range. This has made it possible to do more and more raids with them which is a very cool thing!! More raids = gear for under market price and adena for everyone who participates. We are starting to branch into doing epics so we feel the next step is to keep AW as our ally and start actively looking for a replacement for TBD. RescueRangers has asked to be considered as a replacement. They are a pve clan now since Life left the game a year ago and they are looking to build just as we are. They are the first ones to show interest in being allies, but if anyone knows of another clan we should consider please let us know.
Hellrazah

Re: Yes I finally registered for forums

Post by Hellrazah »

Avoid clans run by families.. horrible idea. TBD have been useless for as long as I can remember and cringed when I saw them back as WO's ally last year.
Baliztik

Post by Baliztik »

MAYBE... JUST MAYBE...... go back to fighting bots rizzle? ;)
Hellrazah

Post by Hellrazah »

Would there be room in clan Sly for a perma red main?
Baliztik

Post by Baliztik »

u mean the red that killed your midget at cruma tower?!/!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

wonder wtf is going on in the world of L2 now that RR being a Pve clan. Seems like its going to where WO was headed(ing)....(i still luv you sly :-* ) but what do i know.
Katapult

Post by Katapult »

I've been on Erica since open beta, so I'm probably in a good position to talk about RR. I was one of the leaders of an anti-DnJ/PR/RR coalition for a long while. Then when Life joined RR and booted most of the worst RR players, I joined for a while. The best word I could use to describe RR is hardcore. They kept Antharas Lair closed to "visitors" for a couple of years. And I mean no exceptions. 90%+ of the server never set foot inside of AL until after C5. They also camped most epics, from Antharas to Baium. If they needed 100 people to wake up at 4 am on a Wednesday to kill a raid, then 100 people would wake up at 4 am.

They also always had a mentality that they can kill anyone anywhere for no other reason than looking at them weird.

From my experience, Life was the one who kept many RR players mentally stable. Luc was a decent officer, but I never considered him really as leader material. Which is probably why RR is in this situation.

In any case, if they got rid of most of their PvP core, I could see some of them could share the same feeling with me that we're too old for all this drama, and we just want to PvE. If thAt's the case, it might work.

Things that will need to be discussed with them to make sure they're on the same page:

1) Sieges: Sieges for us are currently optional. Some people still like them, personally I prefer fishing than sieging. As a clan, we're probably 50/50.
2) Raid auctions. Historically RR's leader usually assigns rewards based on benefits to the clan. We do auctions and share the profits. The two are mutually exclusive. They have to understand that we do auctions, and they have to agree to them. They also have to understand that ninja-looting drops is not "fun" and will get them kicked. I know many of their players will understand/agree to our way, but I have a feeling some will cause us more headaches than they're worth.
3) In sieges / PvP RR has the upper hand. But at being a casual PvE clan WO has done the switch a while back, so we have to make it clear that it's our way or the highway.
4) Sieges / Raids / Epics are currently optional, where members participate when they can, and when life gets in the way, nobody gets mad. That's one of our strong strengths and we have to preserve that.

The two last concerns is 1) I don't fully trust they won't get us into trouble. For some of their members, it may even be on purpose. 2) We can't guarantee that people who's been at war with them for years will cease all wars because RR declared themselves a PvE clan.

So if we do accept them, we have to not be afraid to kick them out. I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but so far I've had good luck sizing up clans.
Baliztik

Post by Baliztik »

^^^^ this guy, this guy makes the most sense of anything since ive been in WO... make this guy leader sly, sly you get out.... >_>
SlyCutter

Post by SlyCutter »

Many old Dev players know Lucpher as my old clan leader on Dev Helgar. He held the mantis clans together as mostly PvE for a long itme and only siding in sieges etc with neutral parties. He and me go way back and Zethus Naos Ladykit and Bali might remember I created WO because of Lucpher lol

I was kicked from Mantis for pvping too much and basically being a pain in the ass to power clan on the server at the time lol.
Baliztik

Post by Baliztik »

you mean our little 10 army clan? lol those days were fun
SlyCutter

Post by SlyCutter »

Yea where we had to hide in GC in the back of it to xp so fate wouldnt f*ck with us lol