Windows 8

Description of your first forum.
Xeon

Windows 8

Post by Xeon »

Is anyone running L2 on a Windows 8 machine? I got my son a new computer and we can't get L2 to launch on it. I have reinstalled the game, repaired it in the NCSoft launcher a few times, even tried to change permissions on the machine. Nothing seems to make a difference. Please let me know if you have any ideas or a workaround. Thanks.

P.S. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best in the coming year!!!
LadyEnTarLa

Re: Windows 8

Post by LadyEnTarLa »

it really seems there is no current workaround for this... check the official forums for the update on this, because the last patch they mentioned they are still working on this after solving the Gameguard issue.

Merry Christmas to all!!
EnTarLa Forever in our Hearts
RIP sweet kid
Xeon

Post by Xeon »

Thanks. Been checking the official forums, just thought I'd check with everyone here also. I'll keep an eye on it since now he can only play on my laptop (my pc has a bad motherboard atm). If I find anything out I'll update this thread in case others need the info.
zoph

Post by zoph »

I managed to get it running on Win 8, gotta run the launcher and the game as admin
Kruken

Post by Kruken »

Well I have hit a snag. I also have a new computer with windows 8 I tried to download the game but it doesn't work. I downloaded the launcher changed it to admin mode and nothing I cant get it to start for anything.
Kruken

Post by Kruken »

think I got it going. downloading the game now.
LadyP

Post by LadyP »

Kruken wrote:think I got it going. downloading the game now.
Kruken luv,u coming back to game? Missed you bunches <3 How are you doing? I hope you're doing well.
LadyParalda- Healer 9x/SpD 8x +/ES 8x (dual class)/ET 8x +
Aelora- Iss 8x/MS 7x/ Paly 6x-BloodyHorde Clan (Alts)Clan Leader
Kruken

Post by Kruken »

Still having problems with getting the game to worm on Windows 8. For some reason vanguard thinks Windows 8 is a hacking tool or something in Windows 8 is causing it. So I can update and start the game and log in but within a minute or two I get vanguard errors. It seems the errors are different every time. So until they can fix it I won't be coming back to the game. It's not worth all the hassle.
Xeon

Post by Xeon »

I'm running Windows 8 on my son's computer and it seems to be fine...I just have to right click the L2 shortcut from the start screen and run as admin. If I try to do that on the desktop shortcut it won't work and I get errors, but from the start screen it works pretty consistantly.
Kruken

Post by Kruken »

I'll have to try that